You belong here. Building a movement. Starting a social venture. Using data for good. You are a changemaker.
You belong here. In an old growth forest. In the streets of Calgary. Or with partners on the other side of the world. You are making change.
And because truly transformational change takes communities of actors, not singular, heroic figures, you belong here.
We are a dynamic community of students, social entrepreneurs, activists, artists and leaders from across disciplines and sectors who are making a difference for people and the planet.
You belong here.
The Trico Changemakers Studio is a vibrant, 5000 square foot co-working space located on the top floor of the Bissett Building (EB 3013) on the southeast edge of Mount Royal University. With spectacular mountain views and reams of natural light pouring into this newly renovated contemporary space, you can’t help but be inspired.
- 8 private offices, 16 dedicated desks, 16 hot desks (unlimited - 80hrs/mo - 40hrs/mo)
- 2 workshop spaces for 6-8 people
- 1 large boardroom for up to 24 people
- 1 lounge space for impromptu collaboration or small events
- 2 phone booths with white boards for solo imagining or private calls
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Complimentary WIFI and high-speed internet
- Printing station
- Caffeinate at Barrow Espresso and Tea, the award-winning student run cafe
- Dive deep into conversation with one of MRU’s brilliant faculty members
- Find moments of quiet contemplation by the pond and amphitheatre
- Reenergize at the recreation centre (where there is a 60% discount for Studio members!)
- Access thousands of resources available at our state-of-the art Riddell Library and Learning Centre
- Take in an artistic performances at the breathtaking Bella Concert Hall
Our community is growing and includes (so far!):
- Alberta Health Services
- Calgary Arts Development Authority
- Canada Bridges
- Generation Indigenous
- Stephanie Jackman
- The Sedge
- United Way Calgary
- Universal Access
- Map the System Challenge 2018 Teams
- Artists as Changemakers
- Indigenous Changemakers
- Social Enterprise Incubator Team
- MRU's Student Change Team
CHANGEMAKERS IN RESIDENCE
- Cathy Glover
- Lena Soots
- Walter Hossli
ELDERS IN RESIDENCE
In partnership with Mount Royal’s Office of Academic Indigenization (OAI), Studio members have the opportunity to learn from Elders and knowledge keepers who represent the diversity of Treaty 7.
SOCIAL LABS & COLLECTIVE IMPACT
The Studio is actively engaged in social R&D* through social innovation labs focused on:
• Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
• Seniors Housing
• Healthy Eating Environments in Recreation Settings
*Social R&D is comprised of “complementary and reinforcing activities that unleash continuous process, product, policy, service, structural, and systems innovation across society” (http://www.sigeneration.ca/social-rd/). These activities may include ethnography, leveraging small, big and open data, prototyping, aggregating and sharing lessons from successes and failures.