You belong here. Leading a movement, challenging restrictive systems and structures, building a social venture, or creating street art.
You belong here. On the other side of the world, in the rainforest, or in your home community. You are a changemaker.
And because social change takes communities of actors, not singular, heroic figures, you belong here in The Trico Changemakers Studio at Mount Royal University.
The Trico Changemakers Studio is a vibrant, 5000 square foot co-working space located on the top floor of the
Bissett (EB) building on the southeast edge of Mount Royal University. With spectacular mountain views and reams of natural light pouring into this newly renovated contemporary space, you can’t help but be inspired.
SPACES IN THE STUDIO
- 8 private offices, 16 dedicated desks, 16 hot desks (unlimited/80/40)
- 2 workshop spaces for 6-8 people
- 1 large boardroom for up to 24 people
- 1 lounge space for impromptu collaboration or small events
- 2 phone booths with white boards for solo imagining or private calls
- A fully equipped kitchen
- Complimentary WIFI
- Printing station
AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS
- Caffeinate at Barrow Espresso and Tea, the award-winning student run cafe
- Dive deep into conversation with one of MRU’s brilliant faculty members
- Find moments of quiet contemplation by the pond and amphitheatre
- Reenergize at the recreation centre (where there is a 60% discount for Studio members!)
- Access thousands of resources available at our state-of-the art Riddell Library and Learning Centre
- Take in an artistic performances at the breathtaking Bella Concert Hall
Our community is growing and includes (so far!):
- The Sedge
- Canada Bridges
- Universal Access
- Alberta Health Services
- United Way of Calgary
- Calgary Arts Development Authority
- STUDENT CHANGEMAKERS
- Map the System Challenge (top 3 MRU teams)
- Artist as Changemaker